How to Send Your Tweets To Your Facebook PAGE (but not your Profile)
I was struggling to get one of my client’s Twitter feed to go to their Facebook page because it was conflicting with an app that I made on Facebook. To get around this, I used a third party app and created an extra page on FB and added a twitter tab linking to it.
There were two problems with this. One no one can find it and secondly it is not integrated with the rest of the timeline.
So, to get around this, I am now setting out step by step instructions for the client, who is also an admin on the page, so that she can connect them through her account. It is always better to teach or show than manage anyway.
The first thing I will do is remove the app that I used to connect the accounts.
To connect your Twitter account and your Facebook profile:
- Log in to the Twitter account you want to associate with your Facebook profile.
- Go to your Settings menu’s Profile tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Sign in to Facebook and connect your accounts. Here you can see that I have chosen for the tweets to only go to my page, but not my profile.
- When prompted, select the privacy settings for who will see your Tweets posted to your Facebook wall. It is set to public by default.
- Click Log in with Facebook and enter your Facebook login credentials.
- Click Allow to accept permissions.
- Your Tweets will now post to your Facebook page timeline and your username will be displayed there as well. Retweets and @replies will not be posted.