Options For Building A WordPress Membership Site
A membership website allows visitors to pay a recurring or one off fee to gain access to some or all of your content, downloads or any offline products.
There are a number of ways to turn your ordinary WordPress site into a membership site and add a stable new income stream. There are a number of membership options including membership themes and plugins to choose from.
You can create “Members-Only” content which you can keep building up as you go along. You can also use a membership site to collect money for people who advertise on your site or who belong to a group, club or organisation.
Examples of membership sites include Woo Themes, WPMU, Elegant Themes, Chris Farrell, Bill Myers and Clickbank.
Some charge you for membership and some are free.
Here are some WordPress membership options:
[tab_item title="WishList Member" titlecolor="" titlebackground="" titlebordercolor=""]
Unlimited Membership Level
Integrates With Your WordPress Site
Flexible Membership Options
Create Free, Trial, or Paid membership levels — or any combination of the three.
Easy Member Management
View your members, their registration status, membership level, and much more. Easily upgrade members, move them to different levels, pause their membership, or delete them entirely.
Sequential Content Delivery
Graduate your members from one level to the next. For example, after 30 days, you can automatically upgrade members from a Free Trial to the “Silver” level.
Control Viewed Content
Just click the “Hide” button to protect exclusive content for members of a particular level. Create “modular” memberships and hide content from other levels.
Shopping Cart Integration
Seamlessly integrates with the most popular shopping cart systems, including PayPal, ClickBank, and many more. Plus, WishList Member™ now integrates with Cydec and Infusion.
Give your members access to multiple levels within your membership. For example, create a central download location with access granted to members of all levels.[/message-box]
[tab_item title="WPMU Membership" titlecolor="" titlebackground="" titlebordercolor=""]
- Flexible membership options and a drag-and-drop interface make it easy for you to customize your own membership site to your exact specifications. Choose the length of your membership and how often your subscriptions should renew.
- Choose to give access to all your content immediately or “drip” it out over the length of the membership.
- Customizable levels allow you to provide some or all of your members with access to any combination of downloads, categories, pages, posts, comments, online content, videos, forums, support or anything at all you can build with WordPress.
- Control access to any content or functionality via multiple different shortcodes.
- Because Membership works with BuddyPress, you can create your own paid social network by controlling access to BuddyPress groups and BuddyPress blogs. You can create your own exclusive paid club or course!
- Convert more visitors to paying members by offing a free trial of your membership and then turning it into a paid subscription after X days.
- Charge for access to your membership site with one of the current gateways – or add your own.
- They also offer a free version called membership lite[/message-box]
[tab_item title="Magic Members" titlecolor="" titlebackground="" titlebordercolor=""]
Payment Modules Integration
Magic Members seamlessly integrates with PayPal Standard, PayPal Website Payments Pro, PayPal Express Checkout, 1Shoppingcart, 2CheckOut, CCBill, ClickBank, Authorize.net, WorldPay, MoneyBookers, iDeal, Epoch, AlertPay, Ogone, SagePay, eWay, PagSeguro and Manual Pay.
Pay Per Post Access
Allow even more flexibility with the Pay Per Post access feature. Magic Members provides you the ability to allow free memberships to purchase content or articles on a per post basis.
Custom Post Type Support
You can take advantage of WordPress’ new feature Custom Post Types to create your content and protect it with Magic Members
Flexible Membership Options
In addition to the multiple membership levels, you are also able to set different membership billing options with an unlimited amount of subscriptions.
Control Subscription Length
Control how long memberships are valid with membership expiration. Want your ‘Basic’ memberships to expire after two week? You can do that
Easy Member Management
Magic Members allows you to see all of your members, their status, level and other information in one easy to read location.
100% Compatible With Magic Affiliate
Magic Members plugin is fully integrated with Magic Affiliate plugin. Magic Affiliate is a premium WordPress Affiliate Plugin that allows you to have unlimited sales team for your products.
Multi Language Support
Magic Members Membership Software supports Mo files, so you can translate into your language.
Magic Members has seamless integration with AWeber, GetResponse, Constant Contact, iContact and MailChimp.
Protect downloads from being accessed by unauthorized members and guests by assigning permissions based on the different levels of access.
Sequential Course Delivery System
Sequential Course Delivery System (Drip Feed) allows user to set a delay (in days) before a member see’s certain content, this allows site owners to develop courses with content being made available on a weekly, monthly basis.
You can simply edit your categories within WordPress and assign access to any membership level you want.
Easy Integration with Existing or New Blogs
Simply follow a few easy steps and Magic Members will turn your existing blog, or new blog, into a powerful membership site.
Unlimited Membership Levels
Your membership site can have unlimited membership levels. So you can create membership levels , such as; Silver, Gold , Platinum, etc .
Secure RSS With Tokens
Provide your members the ability to receive content through RSS feeds without worrying about non-members accessing it.
Custom Widgets & Shortcodes
Magic Members has ready widgets such as; Login, Register, Text and Status Widgets.
[tab_item title="S2 Member" titlecolor="" titlebackground="" titlebordercolor=""]
- The s2Member Framework ( free ) integrates seamlessly with PayPal®
- Supports recurring billing
- Track affiliate commissions on a recurring basis
- Custom Pages for registration
- Compatible with Multisite Networking
- Pro version support for PayPal® Pro, Google® Checkout, ClickBank®, and AliPay®
- Free Subscribers
- Four Primary Membership Levels
- Protect Pages, Posts, Tags, Categories, URIs, URI word fragments, URI Replacement Codes for BuddyPress
- Specific Post/Page “Buy Now” Access
- Protect downloadable files